Links to reports, news items, information, photos of the earthquakes, 2010-2011
- Trace the latest aftershock
- September 4th Darfield Fault magnitude 7.1
- Tera interactive map of effects of 2010 7.1 quake
- 2010 Quake - Wikipaedia
- 2011 Quake - Wikipaedia
- 3 News Special report Part 1
- 3 News Special Report Part 2
- New Zealand Herald video (shows scenes outside the Town Hall immediately after
- GNS Science Canterbury Quake page with links
- CEISMIC is a comprehensive digital archive of video, audio, documents and images related to the Canterbury earthquakes of 2010 and 2011. It is led by a consortium of cultural and heritageor ganizations committed to collecting and preserving quake-related material for the benefit of present and future New Zealanders. An enterprising contractor tied a web cam to his ladder and drove around the Red Zone in August. See the remarkable footage in three video clips from this page of The Press
- Marvellous photos by Ross Becker, documenting the effects of the earthquakes in Canterbury since September, 2010. To understand what it is REALLY like in Canterbury these days, see Ross's superb photos in his gallery here.
- High definition Satellite views of Christchurch taken on Feb 24th, 2 days after the quake
- Definitely only for the very keen: download and read the Geotech Preliminary report (land under and around the Town Hall) (NB Large .pdf 16MB) and the engineers' Detailed Structural Assessment (Qualitative and large .pdf 13MB) of the Town hall complex post-earthquake. Fascinating read that has every detail of the future of the TH (and therefore the organ). May answer some of your questions. But on the other hand .... may not. (Right click and chose Save Link As...)
- Why did the Port Hills Fault rupture?
- Jenny's story, part 1. My story is typical of what Cantabrians went through on that first dark night. Except we had a large pipe organ to worry about.
- Jenny's story - part 2. Caring for an organ in a barricaded red zone patrolled by the military
and something a little light-hearted (but with a serious purpose...)