Book and CD reviews
These are the review subjects that appeared on www.nzorgan.com over several years. I am in the process of transferring them, one by one, into the new website. It's a long process, so they will appear only sporadically! If there is one that you specifically would like to read, please let me me know by using the contact form page, and I'll pop it up for you. How's that for service?!
- Bevington and Sons: Victorian Organ Builders, as told by Tony, Jill & Romana Bevington. Rita Tait
- Booths of Wakefield - Organ Builders to the World - by Paul Lindsay Dawson. Philip Wells
- The Organ of Saint Sulpice, Paris - Joseph Nolan on the St Sulpice Cavaillé-Coll. Philip Bailey
- Messaien - Pierre Pincemaille on the 2004 Dargassies organ in St Eloi, Dunkirk. Philip Bailey
- The Music of Ripon Cathedral - by Malcolm S Beer and Howard M Crawshaw. Philip Bailey
- The Nordic - Baltic Organ Book - a region that takes its organs seriously and a book that helps us to understand them better. David Bridgeman-Sutton
- A Life in Music- Conversations with Sir David Willcocks and Friends David Bridgeman-Sutton
- Everything Else An Organist Should Know, by Robert Leach and Barry Williams Jenny Setchell
- Franck: the organ Works. Played by Pierre Pincemaille David Bridgeman-Sutton
- Mystical Vision – Festive and meditative organ music by Richard Francis, played by Paul Derrett Philip Bailey
- Christopher Herrick plays the Noëls of Louis-Claude Daquin at the organ of St Rémy, Dieppe Peter Wilding
- Homage à Daniel Roth DVD and CD audio. David Bridgeman-Sutton
- Scott Lamlein's "The Organ at Worship" on the1927 E.M. Skinner organ Wesley United Methodist Church Worcester, Massachusetts Philip Bailey
- Bach Complete Works, Brilliant Classics, 93102. Varied artists Philip Bailey
- Ulrik Spang-Hanssen plays organ works of J P E Hartmann Peter Wilding.
- The Box of Whistles - the latest book by John Norman David Bridgeman-Sutton
- Kristaan Seynhave plays César Franck on the new Van den Heuvel organ in St Francis, Munich Grant Vicat
- Michael Radulescu plays Bach on the 3-35 Ahrend organ of the Basilika San Simpliciano, Milan. Peter Wilding
- Le Grand Cavaillé-Coll de la Cathédrale d’Angers Organist: Nicole Morelle David Bridgeman-Sutton
- The Organs and Organists of Ludlow Parish Church by Richard Francis and Peter Klein David Bridgeman-Sutton
- cd thumbnail The Hakims at Sacré Coeur - 2 CDs Peter Wilding
- Full with Wills - autobiography by Arthur Wills David Bridgeman-Sutton
- Keith John plays the organ of Gloucester Cathedral Peter Wilding
- James Parsons at the 1984 3-35 tracker action Frobenius in the chapel of Oundle School. Peter Wilding
- Jeanne Demessieux plays the complete organ works of Cesar Franck at the 1846 Cavaillé-Coll in La Madeleine, Paris. Peter Wilding
- Hans Ole Thers plays J S Bach works on Scandinavian Classics 220594-205 Peter Wilding
- Les Orgues de Paris (2nd edition ed. Béatrice de Andia): Action Artistique de la Ville de Paris David Bridgeman-Sutton
- David Briggs plays Improvisation: The Illusionist’s Art Priory PRCD 428 Peter Wilding
- Organ Loft Whisperings, edited by Agnes Armstrong pub. Sticut Tuum Productions, Altamont, New York ISBN 0-9747338-0-6. David Bridgeman-Sutton
- Nicolas Gorenstein plays music by Beauvarlet-Charpentier, Lascaux, G-F Couperin and Benoist. David Bridgeman-Sutton
- Sergi Slepokourov playing works by Bach, Strauss, Rossini, Glinka, Pakhulsky, Zolotaryev and Ivanov on the bayan. Peter Wilding
- Piet Kee at Weingarten, Chandos 0520 Peter Wilding
- Piet Kee plays Hindemith and Reger on the tracker action Muller organ of St Bavo, Haarlem Peter Wilding
- Nicholas Kynaston plays Liszt organ works at the organ of Inglostadt Munster. Peter Wilding
- The Complete Organ Works of Buxtehude played by Harald Vogel Peter Wilding
- Playing Elizabeth’s Tune – The Tallis Scholars (DVD) D. Bridgeman-Sutton
- (DVD) Pictures at an Exhibition (DVD) Rick Taft
Reviews of books and CDs are invited from readers of this website. There can be no payment - this is a job of love here - but hopefully it will be an ideal place for you to share your delights or otherwise in a special book or recording.
Please email reviews to Jenny, with the text in the body of the email (any sent as attachments will be automatically deleted.
Keep them to under 300 words.
If you have a suitable picture, let me know. Don't send it with your review.
Please write the full title of the book or CD, the author or artist/s, the ISBN number, producer/publisher, cost and where possible, where to buy it.
Please make sure you proof read very carefully before sending - mistooks are verry diffkult too pick just buy reeding qwuikly and offen the spillchicken don't pick up all of theem anywhy,.
The reviews are yours and yours alone - the website is not responsible for submitted material and the opinions expressed are not necessarily those of nzorgan.com
If you have any other questions, please email me - I'm only too grateful to receive reviews from readers and will be delighted to hear from you!
For further guidelines, there are many practical ones found on the Net; try slashdot.org/book.review.guidelines.shtml for a generally useful approach.